Obtaining Approval to Attend – Sample Memo
As an IH professional, you know you can find the latest information, innovations and technologies when you attend AIHce. You also know that to be competitive, you must constantly fine-tune your skills, find new ways to cut costs, streamline processes and drive change. Be a force for change in your organization by bringing the knowledge home. Learn successful methods and best practices from leaders in the industry.
Use points from the sample memo below to drive home the benefits of attending AIHce 2013.
Subj: Approval to Attend AIHce 2013
I would like your approval to attend AIHce, May 18 – 23, 2013 in Montreal. This conference is a unique opportunity for me to gain the knowledge and insight we need to solve our daily and strategic challenges.
AIHce offers a comprehensive menu of industrial hygiene and environmental health and safety education programs, from science to business management and everything in between. Attached is program information that impressed me as being important to our current and future activities.
I realize our budget is tight this year; however, this conference is a solid investment in our organization that will result in immediate and longer term benefits. I will be able to:
- Increase efficiencies and productivity, enhance performance to help the bottom line, and maximize our investment by sharing information and knowledge with you and our co-workers.
- Cite specific programs that will enable you to do this.
- Network with my peers from all over the country to benchmark and learn what they are doing to solve similar problems and launch innovative solutions.
- Point out that AIHce offers plenty of networking time through educational discussion groups, Expo only time, open committee meetings, and various social events.
- Visit suppliers to find the latest tools to help our organization all in one place.
- Review the list of exhibitors and identify those companies you plan to meet and how they will benefit you and your company’s goals.
- Earn points to maintain my professional certifications.
- Note that conference attendance, including weekend courses, can generate up to 60 CM credits, possibly saving additional training/meeting expenses. View Certification Information.
- Access “AIHce On Demand” which provides audio and PowerPoint slides of almost all technical sessions, including many concurrent sessions I can’t physically attend.
- Emphasize that AIHce On Demand will be available to share within the entire organization at no additional cost.
AIHce is truly the best, most comprehensive educational investment we can make in our organization all year. Difficult times make it more important than ever that we NOT miss the information and knowledge that can help us build for a better tomorrow.
If I register by April 30, I will save up to $110 on registration fees. I hope you support my attendance.
Thank you for your consideration.